Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Smile

Smile
I was just lying on my bed, trying to figure out the song I’d play next ... The song playing in my ancient music player was ‘She Will Be Loved’ by Maroon 5. The song came to the part where ‘...with a broken smile...’ I stood up, just realizing how stupid I am.
                It hit me suddenly that you often smile a ‘broken’ smile. Your smile is sweet but you smile bitterly.  It’s not hard to read distress and hurt on your face but there are times I wish I needn’t figure out the reason for your frowns.
                Your smile. That’s the secret to brightening my day. I recall telling you that ‘Your smile determines the brightness of the sky I walk beneath’. When I finished saying that sheepishly, you laughed at me.
                As my mind plays a slideshow on the various looks of yours I have seen in the whole time I’ve known you, I realized that you smile differently for different reasons. You smile crooked when you’re pleased with something. You smile sheepishly when you’re embarrassed. You smile sweetly when you’re in love.
                But what hurts me the most is the way you smile when you’re keeping the pain to yourself. You’d smile bitterly. You’d have this wary, weary and uninterested expression when you’re thinking of something else but you’re trying your best to be polite and listen to the conversation.
                The truth is you are a special person in my life. And I try my hardest to notice everything about you. There are times I just feel like shouting ‘what are you thinking of?’ when I see you drifting away in your own world far away.
                I love you very much. I love everything about you, not only your smile. But when you smile, you make me smile. J -smiles-

Yours,
Alia
PS: Shall listen to ‘Smile-Uncle Kraker’ soon.
                

No comments:

Post a Comment